How to open a .zip file downloaded on Android phone or tablet?
Thanks to the Smash app for Android, you can easily send files from your Android phone or tablet. But, the Smash app is only for sending.
If you choose the "download all as a .zip file" option because you need all the files received, a .zip file will be created. To open it on your iPhone/iPad, we admit, it's not the most intuitive process there is.
We recommend that you download an application to extract zip files, such as WinZip (free).
Here is a tutorial to help:
1. Tap to download the link received. So far, so good, right?
2. At the bottom of the link, click on "Download all as a .zip"
3. Tap to confirm download.
4. It may look like nothing is happening on some devices. On others, a download icon may appear at the top left of your screen. As soon as the download is complete, open the file.
5. If you downloaded WinZip, you'll see the option to open .zip file with WinZip.
6. You can open the files with WinZip or choose the location to save them.
These steps may vary from phone to phone. But, here you have the main steps of the secret recipe to open a zip file on Android. ;)
Obviously, do not hesitate to ask for help by sending us an email if necessary.